Tuesday, February 22, 2011

7th Self Evaluation + self evaluation table + a lesson plan

Today I had my 7th Self Evaluation lesson. It was quite boring and I was not in a mood. I'm happy it was not my Evaluative lesson. First of all, I felt not really good at the lesson because of my personal experiences which has nothing to do with my teaching and my practice at school. But I hope everything will be alright though. Second, it was an early morning so it gave some minuses too. Anyway, we managed to do more revision tasks on Grammar books. It was quite boring as I said because there was no variation of the tasks and I couldn't change it because my mentor asked me to do these tasks at the lesson. As always there were no problems with class management and general shape of the lesson. I always follow my lesson plan. The same I did this time. It was quite useful because I knew what I have to do next. There are no problems with my voice too. I always speak at the right speed so that students would be able to understand me. If something is wrong, I ask them if they want me to repeat or explain. Maybe because I wasn't in mood at this lesson my students felt not very well too. But it's so hard to smile when you're feeling bad. Probably it might be the reason why some of the students were not interested into the lesson all the time. Finally, I evaluated myself critically and drew conclusions.

7th Self-evaluation table

Rate the lesson according to the following scale:
1…………………2……………….3…………………..4………..4.5………….5
Does not at                    neutral                                     Is a totally
all reflect                                                                      accurate reflection
what went on                                                                of what
                                                                                     went on
Personal qualities
  1. My voice was clearly audible to all the students all of the time   1 2 3 4 5
  2. I spoke at the right speed                   1 2 3 4 5
  3. I controlled the level of my own language  1 2 3 4 5
  4. I established and maintained a purposeful working atmosphere   1 2 3 4 5
  5. I developed positive relationships with students that result in             
students feeling safe and confident.        1 2 3 4 5

General shape of the lesson
  1. I identified clear objectives appropriate to the subject and the           
students                                1 2 3 4 5
  1. The overall shape and balance of the lesson worked out as            planned                                 1 2 3 4 5
  2. My lesson plan was very useful    1 2 3 4 5
  3. I followed the stages of my lesson plan   1 2 3 4 5
  4. There was variation in types of activities  1 2 3 4 5
  5.  I set tasks for whole class, individual and group work 1 2 3 4 5
  6. The time each activity took worked out as planed   1 2 3 4 5
  7. The pace of each segment was appropriate for the type                  
of activity       1 2 3 4 5

Materials, aids
  1. The materials were appropriate with regard to the age and level of the class
- in terms of their linguistic difficulty    1 2 3 4 5 
- in terms of their functional difficulty and use  1 2 3 4 5
  1. My blackboard was clear and well laid out          1 2 3 4 5
  2. My visual aids were necessary, clear and effective  1 2 3 4 5

Classroom management
  1. I did not have problems in managing the class   1 2 3 4 5
  2. I gave clear instructions and demonstrations     1 2 3 4 5
  3. The sitting position of the students was appropriate for the type
of the activity involved                           1 2 3 4 5
  1. The arrangement of groups and other students’ movement in the
class went on smoothly             1 2 3 4 5

Questions
  1. The questions were phrased correctly to get the answers I                wanted                               1 2 3 4 5
  2. The types of questions were varied          1 2 3 4 5
  3. The types of questions were graded from easy to understand to difficult                              1 2 3 4 5
  4. I distributed my questions among the students equally 1 2 3 4 5

Communication
  1. I gave the students an opportunity for genuine communication  1 2 3 4 5
  2. I ensured that the students take part in communication activities 1 2 3 4 5

Students’ response
  1. All the students were interested all of the time    1 2 3 4 5

Errors
  1. I coped effectively with the students’ errors which arose in the
class                                                                      1 2 3 4 5

Checking
  1. I paid enough attention to each student in the class   1 2 3 4 5
  2. I checked that every student had understood
the main teaching point                             1 2 3 4 5

Unexpected
  1. I coped well with everything unexpected         1 2 3 4 5

Summary
  1. I succeeded in achieving my aim                                    1 2 3 4 5
  2. The students gained much from the lesson                     1 2 3 4 5
  3. I evaluated my teaching critically and drew conclusions     1 2 3 4
                                                     7th SELF EVALUATION LESSON PLAN

Student-teacher: Agnė Verikaitė
School: Vilniaus Viršuliškių Secondary school
Date: February 22, 2011
Time: 855 – 940
Form: 11c
Level: intermediate
Materials: Enterprise 4 Intermediate Grammar
Topic: revision
Aims:  1) to do some revision tasks with adjectives, adverbs, comparisons, types of
            comparisons and like/as

Time
Stages
ACTIVITY
Objectives
What if…?
Teacher
Student

8:55





 Introduction
(2min)

Greets the students.


Greet the teacher.


To establish contact with the students.







8:57









Setting plan       (3min)

Introduces what they are going to do at the lesson. What tasks they will do.






Students listen to the teacher attentively.

To give information about today’s lesson.

To make students interested in the lesson.


9:00


Production

Teacher asks to open their books at page 124 and look at the exercise 17. They have to fill in the correct particle(s). Before doing the exercise teacher asks one student to read the box at the top of the exercise. Then she gives 5 minutes to do the exercise. After that they read it all together.



Then teacher says to look at the other exercise 18 where they have to fill in the correct preposition. But before doing the exercise teacher again asks one student to read the box at the top of the exercise. Then teacher gives 4 minutes to do the exercise. After that they read the answers together.

Then teacher asks to do the exercise 19 where they have to complete each sentence with two or five words, including the word in bold. This exercise contains phrasal verbs, prepositions, adjective structures, etc. She gives 5 minutes to do the task.

Then she asks to move to the exercise 20, where they have the same task as in the exercise 19. She gives 5 minutes again to do the task.

After that teacher says to look at the exercise 21, where they have to cross out the unnecessary word. She asks to do it together with her.

Then she asks to move to the exercise 22, where they have to fill in the correct form of the words in brackets. Again she asks to do it together with her.

Then teacher asks to open books at page 126 where is an exercise 1. They have to choose the correct item.

Finally, teacher asks to do the exercise 2 at page 127. After they do the exercise she asks to read it and give the correct answers. Then they are free to go.

Students listen to the teacher then open their books.

One of the students read the box with phrasal verbs and translates in Lithuanian.

When students do the exercise they read it one by one with correct answers.

Students look at the exercise and then one student reads the table with prepositions and translates in Lithuanian. Then they do the exercise.

After they do the exercise, they read it one by one.


Students do the task. When they are done they read the exercise out loud with the correct answers.







Students do the task. Then read it one by one.





Students are reading one by one and giving the right answers.




Students read one by one and give the correct forms of the words in brackets.



Students do the task while reading one by one.



Students do the exercise then check the correct answers with the teacher.

To check students’ knowledge of grammar.












To check students’ knowledge of grammar.

To give some independent work in the classroom.






To check students’ knowledge of grammar and particular grammar rules.







To check students’ knowledge of grammar and particular grammar rules.


To check students’ understanding of particular grammar rules.



To check their knowledge of word formation.





To revise grammar structures which they learnt in this book.

If students do not concentrate and keep on talking then teacher asks to do all the tasks till the end of the lesson and give the answers to her so that she could write them marks.

If student gives a correct answer teacher praises him/her.

No comments:

Post a Comment