Monday, March 7, 2011

10th Self Evaluation lesson plan + self evaluation table

It was my last self-evaluative lesson. First of all, me and my students took a new topic called "fashion". I gave a lot of various types of questions for my students about fashion. I think I phrased them correctly because most of the time I was getting the right answers. Also, my questions were graded from easy to understand to difficult. Students were very happy to have an opportunity for genuine communication at the classroom. They were eager to answer the questions. My voice was clearly audible all of the time and I spoke at the right speed. That is why students were able to understand me throughout the lesson. At the beginning of the lesson I identified clear objectives appropriate to the subject and the students. Also, all of the time I was following my lesson plan because it was very useful. Because of my lesson plan overall shape and balance of the lesson worked out as planned. Surprisingly, all the students were interested all of the time because sometimes there are students who don't follow the lesson. I coped effectively with student's errors which arose in the class and I was able to correct them. To sum up, I paid enough attention to each student in the class, succeeded my aim and evaluated my teaching critically.



10th Self-evaluation table

Rate the lesson according to the following scale:
1…………………2……………….3…………………..4…………………….5
Does not at               neutral                                        Is a totally
all reflect                                                                     accurate reflection
what went on                                                                 of what
                                                                                    went on
Personal qualities
  1. My voice was clearly audible to all the students all of the time   1 2 3 4 5
  2. I spoke at the right speed                   1 2 3 4 5
  3. I controlled the level of my own language  1 2 3 4 5
  4. I established and maintained a purposeful working atmosphere   1 2 3 4 5
  5. I developed positive relationships with students that result in             
students feeling safe and confident.        1 2 3 4 5

General shape of the lesson
  1. I identified clear objectives appropriate to the subject and the           
students                                1 2 3 4 5
  1. The overall shape and balance of the lesson worked out as            planned                                 1 2 3 4 5
  2. My lesson plan was very useful    1 2 3 4 5
  3. I followed the stages of my lesson plan   1 2 3 4 5
  4. There was variation in types of activities  1 2 3 4 5
  5.  I set tasks for whole class, individual and group work 1 2 3 4 5
  6. The time each activity took worked out as planed   1 2 3 4 5
  7. The pace of each segment was appropriate for the type                  
of activity       1 2 3 4 5

Materials, aids
  1. The materials were appropriate with regard to the age and level of the class
- in terms of their linguistic difficulty    1 2 3 4 5 
- in terms of their functional difficulty and use  1 2 3 4 5
  1. My blackboard was clear and well laid out          1 2 3 4 5
  2. My visual aids were necessary, clear and effective  1 2 3 4 5

Classroom management
  1. I did not have problems in managing the class   1 2 3 4 5
  2. I gave clear instructions and demonstrations     1 2 3 4 5
  3. The sitting position of the students was appropriate for the type
of the activity involved                           1 2 3 4 5
  1. The arrangement of groups and other students’ movement in the
class went on smoothly             1 2 3 4 5



Questions
  1. The questions were phrased correctly to get the answers I                wanted                               1 2 3 4 5
  2. The types of questions were varied          1 2 3 4 5
  3. The types of questions were graded from easy to understand to difficult                              1 2 3 4 5
  4. I distributed my questions among the students equally 1 2 3 4 5

Communication
  1. I gave the students an opportunity for genuine communication  1 2 3 4 5
  2. I ensured that the students take part in communication activities 1 2 3 4 5

Students’ response
  1. All the students were interested all of the time    1 2 3 4 5

Errors
  1. I coped effectively with the students’ errors which arose in the
class                                                                      1 2 3 4 5

Checking
  1. I paid enough attention to each student in the class   1 2 3 4 5
  2. I checked that every student had understood
the main teaching point                             1 2 3 4 5

Unexpected
  1. I coped well with everything unexpected         1 2 3 4 5

Summary
  1. I succeeded in achieving my aim                                    1 2 3 4 5
  2. The students gained much from the lesson                     1 2 3 4 5
  3. I evaluated my teaching critically and drew conclusions     1 2 3 4 5
                                                       10th SELF EVALUATION LESSON PLAN

Student-teacher: Agnė Verikaitė
School: Vilniaus Viršuliškių Secondary school
Date: March 8, 2011
Time: 855 – 940
Form: 11c
Level: intermediate
Materials: Mission 2
Topic: Fashion
Aims:  1) to introduce new words related to “fashion” topic;
            2) to develop reading skills while reading particular text about Audrey Hepburn;
            3) to develop speaking skills while discussing about fashion.

Time
Stages
ACTIVITY
Objectives
What if…?
Teacher
Student

8:55





 Introduction
(2min)

Greets the students, asks if someone else is coming to the lesson, checks attendance and starts the lesson.


Greet the teacher and answer her questions.



To create a welcoming atmosphere.








8:57






















Warm-up       (7min)





















Teacher asks to look at the page 14-15 and asks whether they know who is this woman? Then she asks more questions about her. Also, she gives lots of various questions related to fashion: Think of as many words as possible related to casual and formal clothes. Which style do you like most and why? Can you name any famous fashion designers in world? What about Lithuania? Are fashion designers and stylists the same people? Do you care about fashion?


Students speak about fashion, try to answer the questions.  



















To create friendly atmosphere.

To give an opportunity for genuine communication at the classroom.

To develop speaking skills while discussing about fashion.
































9:04

Reading

Pre-reading
    (5 min)
















While-reading
   (20 min)






After-reading
  (6 min)
 

Teacher says that they will read a magazine article about Audrey Hepburn where 7 sentences have been removed from the article. They will have to choose from sentences (A-H) the one which fits each gap (16-21). There will be one extra sentence which they won’t need to use.

Before reading the text, teacher asks to read the missing sentences and translate them in Lithuanian.

Finally, teacher asks to read the text and while reading insert the missing sentences.





After they read the text, teacher asks students to tell their impressions about what they have already read.

Then teacher asks to look at the exercise at page 14 where they have to find out which statement is True or False. She gives 3 minutes to do the task.


Students attentively listen to the task. Then they read the missing sentences one by one and translate in Lithuanian.













Students read the text and translate in Lithuanian. Every student gets a chance to read the text. Also, they insert the missing sentences.

Students tell their impressions.




Students do the task. After they do the task, teacher asks them to read the correct answers.

To develop reading skills while reading a particular text about fashion.















To develop reading skills.

To check students’ knowledge of active vocabulary.

To create an opportunity for genuine communication at the class.

To check students’ understanding of the text.

If students don’t know some words – teacher translates them.

9:35








Setting HW
   (5 min)






Teacher asks students to write a paragraph about their favourite actors’/actress’, singers’ or any other famous person’s style which they like most. They have to use an active vocabulary and describe how these people dress and why do they like this kind of style.


Students put down their HW task in their notebooks.




To give and individual task.

To revise new active vocabulary.




No comments:

Post a Comment