Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24, 2011

It was my first day at school and I've started to observe the lessons. First impressions are not bad.

In the morning I've met my supervisor. I think, she is a great teacher. She showed me the classes, books and other material they are using in the classroom. Later she introduced me to the other English language teachers. Then we had a brief talk about everything: students, pupils, university, school, studies abroad, etc. I really enjoyed it and I felt much more cosy than I felt before meeting my supervisor. At 12 o'clock my supervisor had a lesson with 11th grade students. I observed the lesson because later I will give lessons for this class. The students in the class were quite calm and motivated. I really liked them and I was quite happy to get this class. There were only 5 students in the classroom, normally there are 11 students. But my supervisor said it is normal that some of the students doesn't come, so i shouldn't be worried about it.

After this class I went downstairs to the other class, where i had to observe 10th grade students' lesson. It was rather awful. Teacher was quite relaxed but students didn't pay any attention to her, they were keep on shouting, sometimes walking in the classroom. Also, the structure of the lesson wasn't clear. I actually didn't understand what was the purpose of this lesson, because they were doing too many things at the same time. It was a big mess. After the lesson I compared 11th and 10th grade classes and decided that there is quite a big difference among them.

Tomorrow I am going to observe more lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment